There are a number of reasons people may get chemical peels. They may be trying to treat a variety of things, including:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Sun damage
- Acne scars
- Uneven skin tone or redness
About Chemical Peels
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin
- Areas of sun damage may improve after chemical peeling.
Who Is a Good Candidate For a Chemical Peel?
Risks and Side Effects of a Chemical Peel
Medium-depth and deep peeling may result in swelling as well as blisters that may break, crust, turn brown, and peel off.